Your TIME is a priceless gift!
Discover why some of the richest people in the world are not millionaires; they are volunteers.
Volunteering at Streets Alive Mission is EASY!
The Streets Alive Mission is always seeking those who have a desire to give of themselves to serve others.
We offer a variety of opportunities, training, and support for those who want to join the cause of “Bringing Hope to the Hopeless.”
Active Volunteer Opportunities
- Food Crew —Come and join one of our dedicated evening teams who serve meals at the Mission, Monday to Saturday from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. They share sandwiches, coffee and a caring heart to broken, forgotten and abandoned people in our community who are hungry and lonely on the streets or in rooming houses. This is a “hands on” opportunity that is extremely rewarding. (Also known as “Feeding ’em Hope”)
- Sandwich Team — You can join one of the afternoon teams that, from Monday to Friday, prepare the 30/35 loaves of sandwiches needed for the day. In the Mission’s kitchen, you can spend an hour with a friend and Help Feed the Forgotten.
- P.I.N. (People In Need) Bank — There is never a time when we are not sorting, sizing and handing out clothing and household goods. As the unofficial closet for the street population, we clothe an average of 60 people a day. Being good stewards we also recycle and launder the exchanged clothing. A great place for people with extra time during the day, and a heart to serve the forgotten.
- Foot Friday —You don’t need medical expertise to be part of our Friday evening foot care outreach. Washing feet, fetching new socks and shoes, or just bringing coffee and providing a listening ear can be done by anyone that cares.
- Fund Raising —The Fund Development Director is always seeking volunteers who can assist with a wide variety of duties related to the events, campaigns, and functions that the Streets Alive Mission operates in its efforts to generate the funds necessary to maintain the programs.
Other opportunities include:
- Inner Works/Sunday Serving
- Prayer Force
- Annual Events/Fundraisers
- Communication Teams/Newsletters
- Mission Support (housekeeping, laundry, maintenance)
Due to the complex life issues faced by many of our clients, we require all volunteers to be a minimum of 16 years old. Opportunities do exist for younger volunteers to contribute to Streets Alive Mission, please contact the Mission office for ideas.
Volunteer opportunities at Streets Alive are available for individuals AND for groups.
Email the office at email@example.com more information! Or you can call the office at 403-320-1159 and speak to a staff member directly.
Download our Volunteer Application (Individual or Group forms):
- Volunteer Application (Individual) – Streets Alive Mission (revised 01-2020 – pdf format*)
- Volunteer Application (GROUP) – Streets Alive Mission (revised 01-2020 – pdf format*)
*In order to view PDF documents, you will need to have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, available here: Download Adobe Reader.